New Church Family -- Tentative Agenda for Board of Directors Meeting -- Noon, July 15 (postponed from July 8), 2018
1. Call to Order – Opening prayer – Note attendees
2. Review and Acceptance of the agenda
3. Acceptance of prior meeting’s minutes
4. Pastor’s Report
5. President’s Report
6. Vice President’s Report
7. Treasurer’s Report
8. Building Report – gutter cleaning, parking lot cleaning, parking lot re-striping
9. Old Business
a. Report on Baseball Outing June 28
b. Update on Prayer Garden
c.Update on cookbook project
d. Update on board member photos
e. Update on tree work
G. Sunday speaker for July 15 or a new date
h. Parking lot use proposal --update
i. Facebook Group -- recommendations for possible revision of guidelines for membership. Such issues as:
1) Should we require applicants to answer a question(s) that will help us to understand their interest in our group? Possible questions:
◼ Why do you wish to join this group?
◼ New Church Family is a welcoming church – what does that mean to you?
◼ Are you or do you have friends or family members who are supportive of the
2) Should we accept recommendations for membership or require that an applicant
make the request themselves? If we receive recommendations should we notify the
person making the recommendations that we do not accept new members that way
unless under certain conditions?
3) Are there any “red flags” that might indicate a membership should not be approved?
◼ The applicant is a member of a large number of other groups – perhaps indicating
they might be joining the group for marketing purposes.
◼ A review of the applicant’s Facebook site does not appear to deal with or support
◼ The applicant is not a “friend” with any current member of the group or member of
the New Church Family congregation.
4) If the application is not approved should we send a message to the person to indicate
why? Who will write such a message? Or should we just ask for more clarification
so we can feel comfortable that the applicant is compatible with our group?
5) How long should it take for us to respond to a request to join?
6) Who should be responsible for making the join/no join decisions?
10. New Business
a. Report on CanCommunity Health Barbecue June 24
b. Need to purchase new American Flag
c. Board availability for meetings in August
11. Set date for next Board Meeting (August dates = 5, 12, 19, 26) (September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30)
12. Adjournment and prayer